ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–
Firm Also Hires Eleven Professionals in New Florida Headquarters
Dynasty Financial Partners is pleased to announce that Justin Weinkle has been named Chief Financial Officer.
Based in St. Petersburg, Florida, Mr. Weinkle is now responsible for all aspects of corporate financial management and reporting, leading Dynasty’s Finance team toward their goal of providing the right information to the right people at the right time. Mr. Weinkle will report directly to Dynasty’s President and CEO Shirl Penney.
Prior roles for Mr. Weinkle at Dynasty include Director of M&A, SVP of Finance and Head of Strategic Analysis, and Chief of Staff supporting Dynasty’s CEO. During his seven years at the firm, Mr. Weinkle has helped design, launch, and grow several key initiatives, including the Outsourced CFO, M&A Advisory, and Capital Strategies business lines. Prior to Dynasty, Mr. Weinkle was an Analyst in KKR’s Client & Partner Group, supporting capital markets, performance reporting and analysis, and fundraising activities across a variety of alternative investment vehicles. He earned a BSE in Operations Research and Financial Engineering from Princeton University and a MBA from Emory University.
“I am excited to step into this leadership position at Dynasty during a transformative time for the firm. As a proven disruptor and innovator in wealth management, Dynasty is well-positioned to continue its impressive growth trajectory while supporting the extraordinary independent advisors that make up the Dynasty Network,” said Mr. Weinkle.
In addition, Dynasty has hired 11 professionals into the firm’s St. Petersburg headquarters to support its expanding business, including:
- Jennifer Dorgan as Head of Strategic Analysis reporting to Justin Weinkle. Prior to Dynasty, Ms. Dorgan spent 20 years at JP Morgan where she served most recently as a Managing Director on the Global Collateral Risk Team. At Dynasty, she is responsible for supporting the corporate finance function, including financial and management reporting, strategic financial analysis, and accounting and treasury management.
- Kelly Berenbaum as Vice President, Relationship Management reporting to Jason Pinkham, Director of the Eastern Division and Transitions. She joins the firm from Raymond James.
- Jill Russo as Vice President, Compliance, reporting to Leigh Emery, Chief Compliance Officer. She joins Dynasty from T. Rowe Price
- Holly Eck as Vice President, Human Resources, reporting to Mason Salit, Chief Talent Officer. She joins the firm from West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
- Cheryl Quinn as Vice President, Outsourced CFO, reporting to Brian Layton, Chief Product Officer. She joins the firm from National Railroad Passenger Corp. (Amtrak).
“We are excited to promote Justin Weinkle, an outstanding professional, to the position of Chief Financial Officer,” said Shirl Penney, Chief Executive Officer of Dynasty Financial Partners. “Justin has a proven track record of providing strategic business advice and guidance, and he has steadily grown his responsibilities within Dynasty since his joining. I am proud of our talent development efforts that someone of Justin’s caliber started as a summer analyst at Dynasty and, in a little over seven years, could climb the ranks to CFO of the firm. This tremendous growth opportunity is a big part of why we are attracting so many talented young professionals to the firm.”
“I am also delighted to welcome the new team members to Dynasty that we have hired in St. Petersburg, FL over the last two months. The eleven new professionals will be supporting our growing business in the areas of finance, compliance, human resources, marketing and client relationship management – all core areas for our expanded client base. We are also proud of our efforts to drive diversity across the firm. This is a big part of our culture as we seek to be as diverse as the clients we serve, now, and into the future. All eleven new team members are women, which makes Dynasty’s employee base over 40% female in an industry that is still less than 20%,” added Mr. Penney.
Dynasty has had a strong year adding new firms to its platform. To date, the following firms have joined the Dynasty Network:
• On April 29, 2019, Dynasty launched Texas-based Americana Partners as the largest breakaway of the year and the largest single team to join the Dynasty Network, previously managing $6 billion in client assets.
• On May 6, 2019, Dynasty launched Regent Peak Wealth Advisors in Atlanta, Georgia. Lead advisor Craig Robson and his team previously managed $450 million in client assets.
• On May 13, 2019, Dynasty launched Great Diamond Partners in Portland, Maine. Advisor Steve Tenney and his partners previously managed $530 million in client assets.
• On June 17, 2019, Long Island advisory firm Pivotal Planning Group joined the Dynasty Network. The firm manages $275 million in individual and 401(k) assets.
• On June 27, 2019, Dynasty launched Venture Visionary Partners in Toledo, Ohio. Lead advisor Craig Findley and his team previously managed $1.5 billion in client assets.
This announcement from Dynasty comes on the heels of an impressive growth year that saw the firm surpass $18 billion in assets on its Turnkey Asset Management Platform (TAMP), including $1 billion in the firm’s alternative investment strategies. Including newly launched RIAs above, the Dynasty Network today represents more than $40 billion in end-client assets. For more information, please visit dynastyfinancialpartners.com.
About Dynasty Financial Partners
Dynasty Financial Partners is known for assisting advisors of integrity to better service their clients, run their businesses more profitably, grow faster, and enhance the enterprise value of their firms. Dynasty does this by providing wealth management and technology platforms for select independent financial advisory firms. Dynasty creates access to valuable resources and industry-leading capabilities through an open architecture platform, enabling advisors to address their clients’ needs and to protect and grow their wealth. Dynasty supports independent advisors and their teams in being independent, but not alone, by creating exclusive community events and experiences. Dynasty also offers access to flexible capital solutions to help advisors expand, scale, and grow their business. Dynasty’s core principle is “objectivity without compromise,” and the firm is committed to developing solutions that allow investment advisors to act as true fiduciaries to their clients. Dynasty is committed to being the top support platform for independent advisors and prides itself on constant innovation of its industry leading advisor services platform capabilities.
Also visit Dynasty on social media:
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190814005112/en/